Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Upcoming Venue: Lola's

This Friday two of my girlfriends, the indomnitable and adorable Michelle and Kris, are taking me out to Lola's, one of their favorite bar/restaurants in West Hollywood. The place is famous for its martini list, which consists of over 50 creatively named concoctions. As a martini aficionado, I am slightly suspicious of anything that calls itself "martini" and isn't 99% cold-shaken gin with a bottle of dry vermouth waved in its direction for 3 seconds or less and a couple of olives hanging out poolside. But in an attempt to not be the snob we all know I want to be, I'm ready to explore these cocktails for what they are-- not martini martinis, but funky cocktails in a martini glass. Can I accept that? You bet I can.

Lola's is also known for its comfort food including mac and cheese and fried hush puppy things. I'm all for that! So, I am looking forward to diving into Lola's offerings, and as always, you all will be the first to hear about it.

:-P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear the cookies at Lola's are fantabulous too. I highly suggest you check them out.

P.S. Try the Clockwork Orange "martini." ;-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip!!!