Friday, July 6, 2007

Gracias, Emilia.

Thanks Emilia! I'm excited to make my real-life blog debut. This lawyer definitely eats. I am also a huge connoisseur of cocktails, wine and beer, so I will be piping up on those aspects of our gastronomic adventures. Eating fabulous meals with fabulous people is what I live for. Seriously. I'll have it with the wine pairings. I'm picky on quality but I'll try anything once. Most exciting food experience of late? It was last fall- staying up all night and heading to the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo at 5:00 A.M. to check out the wares and dodge speeding carts full of styrofoam boxes of fish headed out to be eaten by the world.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The real purpose of the visit though? To wait in a long line (yes, a line at the crack of dawn!) to sit next to fishermen with big rubber boots in a tiny, crowded sushi bar, eating gem-like omakase and drinking cold Japanese beer. They ladled the miso soup out of a huge bucket in the back.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll never forget the ikura. Here's looking at you, Ikura...we'll always have Tokyo!

:-p YUM!

No comments: